Looking to undergo Rhinoplasty surgery in Singapore? Let’s explore more about the procedure, including what to expect and the process of the procedure.
Looking for a surgeon? Find a Rhinoplasty Singapore Plastic Surgeon.
Find a Rhinoplasty Doctor
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose plastic surgery, is a procedure that can not only correct health defects such as breathing issues, but can also significantly alter the facial contours for the better.
There are many asepcts of the nose that can be altered with a simple procedure of Rhinoplasty.
Other than changing the general shape and height of the nose, Rhinoplasty can also tackle several minute aspects of the nose.
From reducing the bulbousness of the nose, refining the nose tip to perfection, to changing the angle of the nose correlating to rest of the face, much can be accomplished to strike a balance with the other facial features, with a Rhinoplasty procedure.
As such, many have turned to Rhinoplasty, owing to its capacity to single handedly restore the harmony in the facial contours.
Because the nose is the centerpiece on the face, the nose is essentially the most vital facial feature that can either make or break the harmony of the face.
As such, even the most minor of tweakings to the nose area can result in significant changes to one’s image and appearance.
For those whose confidence has taken a hit due much dissatisfaction in the nose department and have been considering making some changes in that area for the longest time, a Rhinoplasty procedure may just be that reasonable option you can consider as it can definitely contribute to much improvement in your overall facial appearance.
However just as the decision to proceed with a Rhinoplasty surgery is one that requires much deliberation, to find the right doctor for you is just as crucial.
As Rhinoplasty is a procedure that demands nimbleness and a keen eye for detail, it is imperative that you do your homework and research on doctors who not only understands your expectations but one whose expertise lies in Rhinoplasty, in order for you to attain the most desirable outcome for your nose.
Looking for a Singapore Cosmetic Doctor? Find a Rhinoplasty Singapore Plastic Surgeon.
Find a Rhinoplasty Doctor
What happens after you have found the Plastic Surgeon of your choice to undergo Rhinoplasty?
A consultation will be made and this would be one of the most crucial first steps you would need to pay attention to.
During your first consultation, it is good to provide pictures of the noses that are to your liking, in order for your plastic surgeon to have a better understanding of the type of nose you prefer.
However, it is important to understand that each individual is different, thus what may suit one may not necessarily be reflective on you.
While the pictures provide the surgeons an idea of your desired outcome, do not be offended should your plastic surgery advise you against certain aspects of the changes.
A good Singapore plastic surgeon will take into account your holistic features before advising you on what would be the best operation procedure.
Because rhinoplasty can modify skin, cartilage or bone, it is important for you to discuss with your plastic surgeon on what this surgery can achieve for you and if you are inclined towards the end result.
For those who are intimated by a Rhinoplasty procedure, it may not be a bad idea for you to opt for dermal nose fillers to alter the general shape of your nose.
While nose fillers are limited in its capacity to significantly alter the nose to your desired outcome, nose fillers allow you to have a general idea of what a nose job can do for you.
If you are looking for a non-surgical option, nose fillers may be an alternative option for you.
What happens during a Rhinoplasty surgery?
During an open nose rhinoplasty, the plastic surgeon makes incisions at the columella (the skin that separates the nostrils) to access the bones and cartilage that support the nose.
To prevent scarring, the incisions are usually made inside the nose via the nostrils so that they are not visible after the surgery.
With the columella cut, the nose is fipped open and the plastic surgeon has a clear frontal view of the nose.
Depending on the area that you are altering, the plastic surgeon will perform the surgery on that particular area(s).
In many cases, for the desired result to be attained, do expect some bone and cartilage to be removed, or additional bodily tissue may be added (either from another part of the body or using a synthetic filler), to give the final outcome that added boost and shape.
After the surgeon has rearranged and reshaped the bone and cartilage inside the nose, the skin and tissue is covered back over the new structure of the nose.
A splint is then used to support the new shape of the nose as it heals.
In general, a Rhinoplasty surgery usually opts for local anesthesia, however, depending on the surgeon’s preference or the complexity of your surgery, general anesthesia may also be adopted under those circumstances.
What happens after Rhinoplasty surgery?
Right after you are wheeled out of the surgical room from your nose job, you will subjected to bed rest.
Do expect to feel groggy as the anesthesia is still in your system.
The nurse can offer you a warm beverage and crackers to get your energy level up before you will be discharged.
Post surgery care is the extremely important as it can affect the recovery of your nose job.
One of the most important things you must ensure is to keep your head raised higher than your chest at all times to reduce swelling and bleeding.
This would mean that you would need to stack a few pillows when you sleep for the first few weeks after your Rhinoplasty in Singapore surgery.
Do expect minor discomfort as your nose may be blocked due to the swelling and the splints that are lodged in your nose.
The splints are usually removed in one week and for some, the removal of splints may incur some pain. Bleeding and mucus together with stale blood is common a few days after surgery so that should not be a cause for alarm.
Typically, there will be the presence of swelling and bruising in and around the nose after your nose job and they will usually take about 10 – 14 days to dispel.
In addition, it is wise to take the following precaution to better care for your nose after your rhinoplasty singapore procedure:
- Avoid high intensity exercises such as aerobics and jogging as this will increase the frequency of nose bleed and also post surgical complication
- Do not blow your nose for at least 6 weeks as placing pressureon the septomucoperichondrial flap can potentially lead to a perforation, nose bleed and even the separation of mucoperichondrial flaps.
- Avoid smiling and laughing, anything which causes extreme facial expressions as the stitches may pull and this will in turn cause the nose to bleed
- Do not wear glasses on your nose for 4 weeks to avoid the weight of the glasses to shift the your healing nasal bone
- Brush your teeth gently as the act of brushing may manipulate the lips and cause a hindrance in the healing process
- Use sunblock when outdoors to prevent discoloration
- Abstain from alcohol, Vitamin E, fish oil and herbs for the time being as it may have adverse effects when taken with the medication prescribed by the doctor and also thins the blood, thereby increasing excessive bleeding
- Abstain from smoking for the time being too as it can also greatly affect the healing process
- Do not chew so much as this may affect the healing process and can also cause pain from excessive chewing. Opt for soups or foods that do not require much chewing during the healing process
- Avoid hot or spicy food after your Rhinoplasty surgery as this will dilate the blood vessels, which will lead to more bruising and swelling
- Apply cool compress religiously. 20 minutes on followed by 40 minutes off. However, be sure not to use ice directly on nose and skin.
- Eat more pineapples or take Bromelain (a derivative of pineapple extract) to help reduce the surgical swelling
Risks of Rhinoplasty surgery
Like all major surgeries, rhinoplasty carries the potential risk of bleeding, infection and even a bad reaction to anesthesia. Other risks include:
- Constant nose bleeding
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Pain or swelling around the nose
- Hole in the septum (the wall that separate the nostrils)
I want to look for a Plastic Surgeon for Rhinoplasty in Singapore. How can I find one?
Here at PlastyTalk, we understand that searching for the right plastic surgeon can be overwhelming to say the least. We aim to help expedite your process of searching for your plastic surgeon, an effortless experience. Find a Doctor for Rhinoplasty in Singapore today.
Find a Rhinoplasty Doctor