The epicanthic or epicanthal fold is a skin fold of the upper eyelid that covers the inner corner (medial canthus) of the eye.
It can be present in people with or without double eyelids. Epicanthic folds have a tendency to make the eyes appear further apart, especially in those with low nose bridges.
Epicanthoplasty, sometimes called medial canthoplasty, is an operation designed to remove or minimize the epicanthal fold.
But first, if you want to look for a plastic surgeon for this procedure, you can find an Epicanthoplasty Singapore doctor.
Characteristics of Epicanthoplasty
How Epicanthoplasty works is that it will make the eyes look bigger. When distance between the eyes is wide or if one have small eyes, epicanthoplasty can correct the eyes to make the eyes look wider and bigger.
Epicanthoplasty will not only make one’s eyes “look” bigger but it will actually make them “big”. This procedure is often times done together with double eyelid surgery and/or lateral canthoplasty.
Who needs Epicanthoplasty?
- Want bigger and clear looking eyes
- Have crossed eyes due to Mongolian folds
- Have a wide gap between one’s eyes
- Wish to have revision surgery
How should you care for your eyes after epicanthoplasty?
As with any surgery, after care is extremely important, more so when the procedure is on the face which is the most prominent part of the body. Here are some tips on how to care for one’s eyes after epicanthoplasty.
- If the Doctor advises patient to use icepack, use it religiously to reduce swelling.
- Avoid smoking and drinking for at least 2 – 3 weeks.
- Should not wear contact lenses for at least 2 weeks.
- Do not use fake eye lashes until a month after surgery.
- Avoid swimming, sauna and water for at least 2 – 3 weeks.
How can I find a Plastic Surgeon for Epicanthoplasty in Singapore?
You can find a doctor in Singapore that performs Epicanthoplasty.
For other procedures, you can find a cosmetic doctor.